CCC Tuesday Updates – 20220907
September 8, 2022
- A bunch of changes to note for 2022:
- We have two related changes to the race day schedule. The Cat 3 time slot will now be Cat 3/4 and the Cat 4/5 time slot at the end of the day will now be just Cat 5.
- We’re keeping the Masters age group races as open category (i.e. Cat 1-5) but will unofficially score the Cat 4/5’s separately in the Series Overall Standings.
- xXx Racing will host the first race of the series at Schiller Woods… not Caldwell Woods. Its not that far away, but please don’t show up to Caldwell Woods which is undergoing construction.
- We unfortunately will not have leader’s jerseys for the series (inflation and supply chain issues affect everyone) but we will award winner’s jerseys at the end of the season.
- Speaking of inflation, race entry prices have increased +$5 across the board and +$10 for juniors. The CCC has kept entry fees constant for a long, long time but need to increase to pay for lots of things. Want to race for cheaper? Get in touch with the race directors through BikeReg… they’re always looking for an extra volunteer hand on race day.
- What’s NOT changing:
- You know him, you love him, and this year he’s got a brand new, extended range wireless mic… Kenny Labbé is announcing the entire series from the ‘Not Reg’ tent. Send playlist requests his way.
- We won’t have One2Go running the finish line camera this year, but our local rockstar Nikki Cyp (who ran timing for all our events over the past several years anyway) will be behind the ICA’s new FinishLynx camera providing timing and lap times. We won’t have LiveLynx live results, but you’ll still have your results emailed to you shortly after each race assuming your pre-reg’d with a valid email address.
- Numbers on your left side, always.
- Staging by CrossResults.com points for the first race, then the first row (8 racers) by series points and everyone else by CrossResult.com points. You need to be pre-reg’d with your correct USAC license number for us to pull in your CrossResults points. Day of Reg’d racers will be staged at the back, unless you’re in the top 8 (because we’re good at spreadsheets). We’ll post preliminary staging online the day before each event… please check at that time to make sure you’re staged properly, not the day of the race!
- Email us at ChicagoCrossCup@gmail.com any time with questions, suggestions constructive criticism, praise, & random thoughts in the middle of the night. We don’t have a Patreon, although we do accept fine baked goods… just show up and race your hardest!
- Good vibes, fair and enthusiastic competition… just like a big, weird, family.
- And finally… Cross is almost here! Get yourself and your bike(s) ready now. Obviously, support your local bike shop(s)! Let’s have another great season and enjoy each other’s company on both sides of the course tape. See you soon!