2023 Glenwood Academy Preview
September 21, 2023
- The South Chicago Wheelmen host the series opener of the 2023 CCC this Sunday at Glenwood Academy CX in Glenwood, IL.
- On the South side of the city, set your GPS to 500 W 187th Street Glenwood, IL 60425. Then please drive slowly through the campus to the parking area. This is an active school with children, so please drive carefully.
- Registration closes on Friday night over on BikeReg.com. Its way easier to reg online as opposed to at the venue (which you still can do), and we’ll have your CrossResults.com points if you reg online. If you sign up at the venue you’ll be staged at the back of the grid.
- Look for preliminary staging here some time on Saturday. As this is the first race of the series, everyone will be staged by CrossResults.com points. Then on 10/8 at Jackson Park the first row of 8 will be staged by series points and everyone else by CXR points. See the Rules & FAQ page for more details. Please check the preliminary staging on Saturday and let us know on Saturday if there are any errors as it’s a lot hard to fix Sunday at the race. Thanks!
- Please renew your USAC annual license BEFORE Saturday evening before you go to bed.
- Weather looks great!
- There will be a Food Truck from 11-3 but that’s all we know. If you have dietary restrictions please pack your own food/drinks. There’s also plenty of stores on Halsted St just around the corner. BYOB if you’re an adult.
- Parking: You can use any parking lot. Plus use the grass. DO NOT park in any cottage (residence) driveway.
- Registration will be located next to officials at the finish line.
- Reg is NOT in Kenny‘s tent. Lost or not sure where to go and what to do? Listen for his voice.
- Staging will be at the North side of the access road at 187th St. which is reverse from the last 2 years.
- The course will be open on Saturday afternoon for inspection and pre-riding.
- And finally… we’re not making too many changes to the series this year, but putting on any bike race is still not easy, even if the South Chicago Wheelmen and our USAC officials make it look that way. Please be courteous to everyone and remember to say thank you to everyone making our events happen. See you all on Sunday!